Thursday, February 3, 2011

Boy or Girl?

I'm not pregnant or even trying to get pregnant yet, but I think I've made a decision tonight for my future pregnancy.

I've decided that we are not going to find out the sex of our baby when the time comes.

My decision was made today as Lisa's oldest sister just had her third baby.  She already has 2 precious boys and decided not to find out the gender of the baby until she delivered.  Well, I think everybody (including me) was convinced that this third baby was a boy as well.  I even remember Lisa telling me that she would be shocked if it was a girl!  Well, me too.  And I was indeed shocked and so excited when I got the text today that the baby had arrived and it was a beautiful baby GIRL!

Now I am inspired to keep our baby's gender a surprise for his/her birthday.  Let me tell you, Andy has always expressed an interest in being surprised from the get-go.  Yes, I've always thought it would be special to find out whether my baby was a boy or girl after hours of labor but was hesitant as I didn't think I'd be able to stand to wait that long if I had the opportunity to go ahead and find out before hand!  Of course, it'd also be nice to know for planning purposes....but I guess I don't really classify myself as a huge, huge planner by any means so maybe that part of the issue would be alright?!?  I mean you can always accent a neutral room with blue or pink, right?  

As Lisa's big sister says....keeping the baby's sex a surprise until it's born is truly the only thing in life that can be kept a complete secret to all until D-Day!

So, for the time being, this is my/our decision.  We'll see if I change my mind when I've actually got a bun in the oven!  Haha!

So how about y'all?  If you are planning on or already do have children, will/did you keep it a surprise?  Why or why not?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of keeping it a surprise and maybe I will in the future, the anticipation is so exciting!! But I have to say, it was also fun finding out via sonogram holding my husbands hand while we discovered together. I also loved that I was able to give him his name and know that he was the person we were waiting for!! Either way, it's a surprise, you just get the surprise earlier if you find out. lol

    ReplyDelete