Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gettin' some culture!


Andy and I went to the local Cobb Symphony Orchestra Jazz Concert with some friends last night at the Strand.  I'm still amazed at the restoration of this historic theater on the Marietta Square.  It's just beautiful inside and the venue also tempts me to organize some sort of fine arts performance there for the students at my school.  The jazz performance was awesome!  I think Andy may be inspired to pick up his guitar again and call up his old friend that he used to play in the middle and high school jazz band with for a "jam session"!  I do love it when he picks up that guitar! :)

This coming weekend, I got Andy and me half-price tickets via goldstar.com to see Atlanta Ballet's Sleeping Beauty.  Score!  I love the classic story ballets and am excited to see their "new" version.


And to balance out the culture in our lives, the following weekend, we'll be going to a NASCAR race....just kidding! :)

2 comments:

  1. He won't go to a musical but he will go to a ballet that you are not in?! Crazy!! haha The neighbors we took dirt cake too...their little girl in is Sleeping Beauty so you will see her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He claims he likes singing, dancing, and acting but not all together at the same time like in a musical. Strange boy!

    ReplyDelete