Monday, February 21, 2011

Mondays Aren't So Bad (when you don' t have to work)!

I enjoyed lunch and a movie with my mom today.  When I was working part-time at the school and the Loft, I often had week days off when I could do this exact thing with my mom.  It was great--we saw so many movies together.  Now that I'm teaching full time, it is definitely a bit harder to have this time with my mom.  Because I'm off this week, we took full advantage and went and saw:
This movie is up for some Oscars and won a few Golden Globes.  It's based on the true story of King George VI and his speech impediment of stuttering.  It was a bit long at times but overall pretty good.  It definitely had a feel good ending to it.  I'm sure my speech therapist best friend would enjoy it! :)

After the movie, we went to T.J. Maxx for a return and I ended up with these two fun items:
 A yummy Yankee Candle for only $7!
And some fabulous red flats!  These are Nine West that were compared at $70 but I got them for $35.  So cute but I still need to figure out (or go out and buy) something to wear with them!
I do love me some T.J.Maxx!

And speaking of shoes, I found these cuties on www.endless.com.  I'm just not sure I can justify the $89 price tag!


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Olive Garden and The King's speech with you today1 I miss all our movie dates now that you teach full time! The red shoes are cuter than the tan ones, even if you have to get an outfit to match them. Thanks to you and Lisa for hosting Steph's shower. It is an important skill to know how to throw a party! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete