Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blue Man Group

I went and saw The Blue Man Group with my parents and my best friend Lisa tonight.  Oh man, it was pretty awesome!  It is a great theatrical show full of comedy and music.  It even had my mom and dad up and shaking their booties.  One of the best parts of the show was that Lisa and I were fortunate enough to get to sit on the front row!

My dad has had Theatre of the Stars season tickets at the Fox Theatre for as long as I can remember.  I'm thankful to my parents for instilling a love of the arts (especially musicals) by taking me to the Fox ever since I was little.  My dad's tickets are on the second row.  He was given the opportunity to purchase these great seats by a friend over 20 years ago.  It's pretty hard to give up 2nd row seats at the Fox, hence why he still has the tickets after all these years.  The family (also season ticket holders) that sits in front of us practically every time we go had two extra seats open this evening.  Lisa and I were definitely on the big screen (when they video-taped the audience) and had a blue man stare us down and dance by our sides since we were on the front row!  We were also covered by paper streamers and toilet paper, dodged some jello and paint, and helped bounce huge lit-up balls around the audience at the Fox.  Pretty cool, huh?

If you ever get the chance, go see this show!  You'll laugh and be amazed at everything they do.  It's nothing like you've ever seen before.  Hope y'all have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment