Monday, January 10, 2011

Let It Snow!

It's a beautiful winter wonderland outside!  The snow is fresh and glistening in the street lights.  I'm giddy like a child.  And so it begins....my first blog post is being created on an unexpected Sunday evening off.  I am not preparing last minute lesson plans.  I am not making lunches for my husband and myself.  I am not cleaning up and preparing for a whirlwind week.  I'm not already in bed with an hour of sleep under my belt.  I am looking out the window watching the snow fall, sipping a glass of wine, and watching the "Kraft Fight Huger Bowl" (whatever that is?!?) on the T.V. with my husband by my side.

Just FYI....with any sort of snow/ice precipitation, the South shuts down.  I am extremely thankful that this is the case this evening.  Why is that?  I teach dance in a middle school.  The schools are closed tomorrow so I don't have to go to work tomorrow.  Don't get me wrong, I do love love my job and am very thankful for it.  Regardless, I am graciously anticipating and welcoming the day of relaxation and catch up I will have tomorrow--in my PJs!  It's a good thing we have the day off tomorrow since I spent most of today checking the weather channel and local news networks awaiting a school cancellation instead of planning for my classes!

I hope you'll stick around and read about my ramblings through this blog.  I plan to update with happenings from the Smith household (me, my husband Andy, and our dog Spot).  I'm sure there will be exciting and somewhat mundane things along the way.  One thing's for sure....I can't wait to experience what this wonderful life has in store for us!

1 comment: