Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crafty

I frequently find myself looking through blogs of very creative women!  I love all the ideas for scrapbooking, organizing, homemade gift giving, and creative household decorating.  I am somewhat jealous of everyone's creativity!

So, here goes my creative adventure for the week....After being cooped up in the house all last week, I was able to make it out of the house for some errands on Friday.  I found this awesome mirror at T.J. Maxx Home Goods (one of my favs!) for only $15.  T.J. Maxx compared it at $80 and priced it originally at $39.99.  The price had since been marked down twice.  I'm assuming the price reductions were due to a few chips here and there and smudges all over the mirror.

As soon as I saw the mirror, I knew that I wanted it to be off-white with a rustic look to match a recent key holder purchase I made and not shiny and black.  I was so excited that I found myself a project!  Wahoo!  I purchased the mirror and headed to Michael's to get my supplies

At Michael's, I purchased some off-white acrylic paint, paint brushes, and sand paper.  Here's the before picture of my project with all my supplies:
 The start of the first coat of paint.
After 3 coats of paint, the first part of the project was done.
I let the paint dry for a couple of days and then used sand paper to sand around the edges to give it a more antique/rustic look.  Here's the finish product:


I know it's not that impressive, but I really did enjoy painting and creating a new piece for our home with little money and lots of love! :). I'm hoping to find more easy, fun projects (and the time to do them) very soon.  Now for the real challenge:  figure out where I am going to put this mirror!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment