Well, it's another day of school closings in Atlanta! I cannot believe it. I just got word that there's no school tomorrow either. The whole week off?!? Crazy! If I'd have known that I would have this past week off, I would have left for the beach on vaca last weekend! :)
I'm not complaining by any means but I will admit that I am getting a little bit of cabin fever in our small apartment. The hubbie did make it to work late this morning. After he left I managed to shower (before 1pm--a first for this week!) and got myself out of the house! I was on a mission: off to Panera I went! The Panera is less than 3 miles away and just so happens to be one of my favs! :) Who knew soup and salad from a different place other than your own kitchen could taste so good?!
Here are a few things I've learned and/or thought about over this last week while stranded at home.
- It's amazing how much easier it is to keep a place clean, get laundry done, and cook when you don't have a full time job or any kids to attend to!!
- Funny how I imagined being so productive and getting a bunch of stuff done for school with my unexpected days off. Turns out, I am pretty good at finding things to do around the house in order to procrastinate doing any sort of work for school--I did manage to do a little work last night and today.
- Ice is slippery and you will fall.
- It's confirmed that I'm perfectly content living here in the South--snowy, icy winters are not for me.
- Living across the hall from your best friend is pretty frickin' awesome.
- I've got a lot to learn about blogging--yes, I'm just starting out but I'm a bit intimidated by some pretty amazing women and their equally amazing blogs!