Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cuttin' the Coupons


Ok, so I'm trying to be more organized with planning meals and using coupons.  Currently I get most of my coupons from the Sunday newspaper.  About 2 months ago, I got suckered into buying the AJC from a college kid who was going door to door trying to raise money for school.  I was home alone, couldn't see through the peep-hole because of the cute holiday decoration I had hanging on the door, and assumed it was my best friend, Lisa who lives across the hall so I opened the door.  Anyways, long story short, I now have a daily subscription to the AJC for only $19/month!!  (can't you hear the excitement?)   If I get the news, I get it from the internet or the television, not the newspapers.  But, because I'm a sucker, the newspaper comes every day and does not get read Monday-Saturday.  The papers stay in their plastic bags and pile up until we take them to the recycling....in the plastic bag and all.  I'm sure that the people who open up the newspaper recycling bin after we've dumped our's think we are crazy.  "Why do you get newspapers if you don't read them?!?"  I was truly planning on canceling the subscription soon after I placed the order but it figures that the website to cancel doesn't work and whenever I think to call the AJC, it's after hours and they are closed.  Now, I'm not sure if I should cancel because I'm so awesome and saving so much money with the coupons!! (wonder if I'm saving at least $19/month to cover the cost of the newspaper...)

I have a coupon app, groupon app, and scoutmb app on my new Droid phone that I've been searching recently.  I did buy a North GA Wine Tour groupon a little bit ago and used an electronic coupon at Border's recently.  Pretty sweet to hand the cashier my phone for her to enter in the coupon!  Instant savings and no paper!  At least I'm saving paper somewhere since I'm wasting the AJC newspaper everyday!!  :)  A friend suggested Coupon Mom but I haven't taken the time to figure out their website yet.  Do y'all have any other resources for couponing?  I'm open for suggestions.

Today is another snow day for us here in Atlanta! :)  I have not been as productive as I imagined with these unexpected days off.  Maybe today?  Maybe not.  It has been nice being snowed/iced in with my husband and our best friends across the hall.  We watched the National Championship with them last night.  It was a good game and Auburn won!  Good thing since our friend is a grad!  War Eagle! :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am your newest follower! I LOVE today's post! You are going to be a fun blog to read!

    ReplyDelete